The project’s target is the division of an apartment in a traditional 70s building in the city centre of Bari in two different housing units sharing only the entrance:
- - a family apartment of 110 sqm
- - a short-term rental apartment of 65 smq.
The two units have been designed, and their spaces set, with the purpose of ensuring both daylight and ventilation. The bespoke design of the furniture elements enhances and reconfigures the units’ layouts, especially with:
- - a bookcase/closet in the distribution space;
- - a bed/closet system in one of the bedrooms;
- - a kitchen/closet system in the living area.
In order to ensure a more independent environment separated from the urban context, the balcony is provided with a green scenery which creates an outdoor extension of the living space, also acting as a noise filter.