Piazza dei Volumi
Conscious of the key role that the library complex would have in the regeneration of the neighbourhood, together with the square and the park in front of it, we suggest a building characterized by a strong identity which could be recognised and accepted by the community and become a relevant gathering point both local and urban.
The design of spaces holds together reading and playing, culture and relax, in a dynamic and flexible space designed with the purpose of creating connections between different users. In the spaces of the Lorenteggio library each member of the community can recognise him/herself and become owner of the space.
The building consists of six volumes which host the functions with the highest need for discretion and silence:
- The big pink silos, housing the workshops. They have a strong identity which ensures an immediate recognition both from the inside and from the outside.
- The blue volume contains areas dedicated to children's playing at ground floor and to kids creative learning at the upper floor.
- the two "suspended" volumes accommodate the studying spaces;
- in the violet volume there are offices and services;
- the yellow volume contains the vertical connection elements.